Monday, January 23, 2023

📙 A Bookish Word or Two: Marie McGaha, Author of SHINE HIS LIGHT 3 #abookishword

 


On A Bookish Word or Two today, we have a guest post from Marie McGaha, author of SHINE HIS LIGHT 3. Enjoy!



The Inspiration behind Shine His Light 3

By Marie McGaha

1.

Shine His Light 3 Instructions in Life is the third book in the Shine series. Originally, these were blog posts that my friend Carolynn suggested I put in a book and Shine His Light Lessons in Life was born! The second book, Shine His Light 2 Directions in Life came out October 2020, and book three came out last September. The final book, Shine His Light 4 Life Happens, is due out spring 2023, which will be followed by a huge surprise summer 2023! 

After book 2 was released, book 3 was to follow in spring 2021 but instead, my husband, Nathan, was involved in a head-on collision in December 2020, and while he was recovering from his injuries, he was diagnosed with a rare cancer in 2021. He died in November, which left me floundering and trying to get my feet back under me. After nearly 23 years of marriage, I was on my own with no idea of what I was doing. This year, 2022, has been the hardest of my life, but I am happy to say that because of my faith in the Lord, I have been able to make it through, to live again, to write again, to get back on track, even though it meant selling our home, moving to another state, and starting over alone. I have come through this journey with a newfound strength and have met someone who has shown me that falling in love again is just as wonderful now as it was 25 years ago. 

So, with plans for book 4 to be out next spring, and a special surprise coming in the summer, I have been feeling as if there’s a novel just waiting to make its way to the pages… just as soon as the characters let me know when they’re ready to make their debut!


About Marie McGaha

Chaplain, author, editor and inspirational speaker, Marie McGaha lives in the beautiful Ozarks of southeast Oklahoma. After losing the love of her life, Nathan, Marie returned from the mountains of Idaho to their native home where she lives with a houseful of yapping furbies, pigs, chickens, and a horse named Horse! Shine His Light 4, the final book of the series, is due out spring 2023.

Website: www.mariemcgaha.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Marie_McGaha

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorMarieMcGaha/

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mariemcgaha/

 


About Shine His Light 3



Life is the journey we take on our way to Heaven. It’s not easy, it’s not pretty, and sometimes, it’s downright difficult. However, we have an Advocate unlike any other, Jesus Christ. In Shine His Light, the author uses scriptures and her own life lessons to help others get through the bumpy spots.

Release Date: September 2, 2022

Publisher:  DWB Publishing

Soft Cover:979-8887963426; 137 pages; $6.99

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BCS7K29V

No comments: