Monday, December 5, 2022

šŸŽ¤Interview with L.J. Ambrosio Author A Reservoir Man #AuthorInterview

Louis J. Ambrosio ran one of the most nurturing bi-coastal talent agencies in Los Angeles and New York. He started his career as a theatrical producer, running two major regional theaters for eight seasons. Ambrosio taught at 7 Universities. Ambrosio also distinguished himself as an award-winning film producer and novelist over the course of his impressive career.

You can visit his blog at www.LJAmbrosio.blogspot.com or connect with him on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.


Can you tell us what your book, A Reservoir Man, is about?

The book is a journey of our main character, Michael, from his birth to his older age. The book entails


Michael’s conflicts with the Reservoir Man, who is a metaphor for corruption.

Can you tell us a little about your main and supporting characters?

My main character is a mirror of who I am. He makes his own choices but they are based in reality and truth. Most of the other characters are people whom he encounters during his lifetime journey. There is no character that consistently stays with him through the novel but he is haunted by their memory.

Your book is set in different locations. Can you tell us why you chose these locations?

New York, Los Angeles, and Europe. I had no choice with the locations because they had to be set where they are. I want to note that I allude to this book as a fictional memoir only because I was forced to change names for both legal and personal reasons.

How long did it take you to write your book?

2 months for the first draft and another two months for the second draft, about a month with an editor and then it went right to kindle.

What has been the most pivotal point of your writing life?

The pivotal point was right now because I realized that I could write the way I had wanted to my whole life.

What kind of advice would you give up and coming authors?

I would say that the most important thing about writing is that you write from an emotional point of view, I don’t believe in outlines. I think all writing should be stream of consciousness and you keep writing until you produce the first draft.

 

 


 


No comments: