Thursday, March 19, 2020

Character Guest Post: Penelope (Poppy) Arrington of A.S. Fenichel's THE EARL NOT TAKEN #characterday



Today is character guest post day! We have Penelope (Poppy) Arrington from A.S. Fenichel's THE EARL NOT TAKEN. Enjoy!

Thank you for having me here today. My name is Lady Penelope but my friends all call me Poppy. I thought I might tell you a bit about myself. I’m one and twenty years old. At the age of fifteen, my bad behavior caused my parents to send me away to finishing school. I spent three years at The Wormbattle School for Young Ladies. I thought this would be the end of life as I knew it, but it turned out to be the best thing. I met three other girls who have become my closest friends. Mercy, Aurora and Faith are like sisters to me.

Aurora’s brother, Rhys is helping me with a bit of a problem at the moment. You see, Faith is about to be married off to someone we know little about. He’s a duke, but that doesn’t make him a good man. We learned that after Aurora’s terrible marriage. I’m afraid that’s a story for another time. My issue is that Rhys grates on my nerves. He is arrogant and far too good looking for anyone’s good. I don’t see how we can possibly work together with what I know about him. I’ve seen too much to ever believe Rhys Draper a good man. However, I must find a way, because we must save Faith if she indeed needs saving.

The other issue is that this duke who is arranged to marry Faith is quite elusive. He keeps things very close to the breast, and we can’t seem to find out what he’s been up to these last few years. Rhys asked questions at his men’s club, but no one knew a thing. I plan to interrogate the Duke of Breckenridge and find out all his secrets before I’ll allow my dear friend to marry him.

That might sound a bit forward for a lady, but it’s what must be done and I won’t let anyone stand in my way.

Left standing on the side while their contemporaries marry into society, four young ladies forge a bond to guard each other from a similar fate . . .

Finishing school failed to make a proper lady of Penelope Arrington. But as a Wallflower of West Lane, Poppy has a far more vital role—she and her three best friends have made a pact to protect each other from the clutches of dangerous, disreputable men. So when one of them is about to be married off to a duke sight unseen, Poppy makes it her mission to divine the prospective husband’s true character. If only she didn’t require the aid of London’s most unsuitable rake.

Rhys Draper, Earl of Marsden, has known the headstrong Poppy since she was a young girl, naĆÆve to the ways of men. To her eternal chagrin—and to his vague amusement—they have been at odds over the memory of their embarrassing first encounter all these years. Now, with his services in need, Rhys sees a chance to finally clear the air between them. Instead, he is surprised by the heat of their feelings. If the two do not tread carefully, they may end up in a most agreeably compromising position . . .

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/2P0nS6S

 Barnes & Noble → https://bit.ly/32a3J3X

KOBO → https://bit.ly/2uPJEDE

Google Play → https://bit.ly/2Hr2DqD

 

A.S. Fenichel gave up a successful IT career in New York City to pursue her lifelong dream of being a professional writer. She adores writing stories filled with love, passion, desire, magic and maybe a little mayhem tossed in for good measure. Originally from New York, she grew up in New Jersey, and now lives in Missouri with her real-life hero, her wonderful husband and two temperamental cats.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:





No comments: