Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Character Guest Post: Ti’Sulh from Myeem: Book One of the Erabon Prophecy Trilogy by Randy C. Dockens #characterday

 




Today is character guest post day! We have Ti'Sulh from Randy C. Dockens' Christian Science Fiction, MYEEM: BOOK ONE OF THE ERABON PROPHECY TRILOGY. Enjoy!


Hello people of earth! I hope my translator is working properly. Nuke, who is also from your planet, has told me many stories about your world. I hope to be able to see it one day. Through an interstellar gate accident, he was thrown thousands of lightyears from his solar system into ours. My planet, named Myeem, is composed entirely of water except for one small island on which Nuke landed and where our people found him and took him to our abode below the water’s surface. We actually like being under water much better than being on the surface.

I had never met anyone like Nuke before. He had body hair! Something that is considered somewhat gross on our planet. Plus, he wasn’t blue! Truly a peculiar-looking creature from our perspective. Yet, there was something about him that I found intriguing. It was hard to get to know him, though, because he and I did not speak the same language.

Luckily, we had a translator that, after a while, was able to put his speech into my language and mine into his. It seemed in a matter of minutes after that time, we were talking and laughing with each other. Somehow, the barrier between us melted and we became friends almost instantaneously.

That is what I want to talk with you about today. I think we all too often assume others are different from us because they don’t look like us or don’t talk like us. At least, that is how we Myeemians are. I’m pretty sure those on Earth are similar. Once we are able to communicate with others, we then find things we have in common and before you know it, we have established a friendship. My experience with Nuke taught me that we all are usually more alike on the inside than our outward differences would suggest. My relationship with him grew over time, but because I had that initial communication with him, I was able to gradually get to know him better. I learned that his real name was Yohannan Chaiken, yet his friends had given him his nickname, Nuke, because his skin had an unusual electrical conductance. The more I learned about him, though, the more I began to realize he was the prophet to lead us back to our deity, Erabon, and the way he was made, while being much different from us Myeemians, made him have the abilities to fulfill the prophecies left to us about the coming forerunning to prepare us for the return of Erabon.

My meeting with Nuke helped prepare me for meeting the other clans who lived on other planets within our solar system. While our ancestors of each clan once lived on the same planet with each other millennia ago, I had not seen any of our other clansmen my whole life—not until I visited these other planets with Nuke. While we had the same language originally, each clan developed its own dialect and so I was not able to understand them immediately when I met them. Yet, my experience with Nuke allowed me to be patient knowing that once my translator allowed me to understand their dialect, I knew I would likely be able to make friends with them. So, even though they initially did not trust me because I looked different from them, I was able to stay calm knowing that I was sure I could find common ground once we could communicate and understand each other’s dialect, culture, and values.

Therefore, language is a key component to any society. It is used not only to communicate, but to provide information, impart knowledge, and elicit feelings. Entire worlds can be created using language. Therefore, if you are a budding author, I hope you learn your craft well so you can even create worlds no one has ever experience before. Nuke and I learned that good communication was key to our success and fulfill the charge Erabon had left for us to accomplish.

So, my advice to all of you is to study all the proper ways of writing and proper writing techniques. Try to avoid all the pitfalls writing experts warn you about. Nuke and I saw first-hand the problems of not communicating well. I can’t tell you the number of times he used earth metaphors that confused not only myself but my fellow clansmen. Yet, remember that the most important thing about your writing is you. If you get lost in your own writing, then your writing is lost. Nuke had to learn how to communicate with us, but he could not lose himself and his own values in the process. Your writing will be different from that of anyone else, and it should be different—unique to you. It should also be as good technically as you can make it and not lose the essence of you in the process. Even more importantly, you need to be purposeful. Your writing is to engage your reader, so be purposeful in your writing. Ask yourself questions about your writing. Why did I use that word? Why did I use that punctuation at that spot in the sentence? You don’t have to follow traditional methodology, but there is a caveat to that statement. You need to know that you did not follow traditional methodology and that you purposefully chose not to follow traditional writing techniques. Every sentence, every word, every punctuation should be purposeful—chosen by you as the author for a specific purpose, to elicit a specific emotion, feeling, or ambience.

Study. Learn. Write. Enjoy the process. But most of all, be purposeful. Your readers will thank you for it.

Take care Earthlings! I hope my communication to you was helpful and clear. If not, we’ll chalk it up to a faulty translator. After all, sometimes it takes a while for it to function at peak efficiency. I wish you well and greetings from my fellow Myeemians.







Title: ERABON PROPHECY TRILOGY
Author: Randy C. Dockens
Publisher: Carpenter’s Son Publishing
Genre: Christian Science Fiction

BOOK BLURB:

An exciting trilogy where an astronaut, nicknamed Nuke and working on an interstellar gate, is accidentally thrown so deep into the universe there is no way for him to get home. He does, however, find life on a nearby planet, one in which the citizens look very different from him.

Although tense at first, he finds these aliens think he is the forerunner to the return of their deity and has been charged with reuniting the clans living on six different planets. What is stranger to him still is that while everything seems so foreign from anything he has ever experienced, there is an element that also feels extremely familiar.

He has to gain the trust from each alien clan and demonstrate through various acts that he is the one they have been waiting for so each culture can fully accept him and follow him. But for the aliens to accept him as the prophet to their deity, Erabon, he has to first accept it and believe it himself.

Book Information

Release Dates: Book One: Myeem: 23-Dec-2020

Book Two: Sharab: 06-Apr-2021

Book Three: Qerach: 01-Oct-2021

Publisher: Carpenter’s Son Publishing

Number of pagesMyeem/271; Sharab/249; Qerach/347

Link to books on Amazon:

Book One: Myeem: Amazon.com: Myeem: Book One of the Erabon Prophecy Trilogy (Erabon Prophecy Trilogy, 1): 9781952025129: Randy C Dockens: Books

Book Two: Sharab: Sharab: Book Two of the Erabon Prophecy Trilogy (Erabon Prophecy Trilogy, 2): Dockens, Randy C: 9781952025136: Amazon.com: Books

Book Three: Qerach: Qerach: Book Three of the Erabon Prophecy Trilogy (Erabon Prophecy Trilogy, 3): Dockens, Randy C: 9781952025143: Amazon.com: Books




Dr. Randy C. Dockens has a fascination with science and with the Bible, holds Ph.D. degrees in both areas, and is a man not only of faith and science, but also of creativity. He believes that faith and science go hand in hand without being enemies of each other.

After completing his bachelor’s degree in pharmacy from Auburn University he went on to graduate school at Auburn and completed his first doctorate degree in Pharmaceutics. He began his scientific career as a pharmacokinetic reviewer for the Food and Drug Administration and later joined a leading pharmaceutical company as a pharmacokineticist, which is a scientist who analyzes how the human body affects drugs after they have been administered (i.e, absorbed, distributed, metabolized, and excreted).

Through the years, he has worked on potential medicines within several disease areas, including cardiovascular, fibrosis, and immunoscience to seek and develop new and novel medicines in these therapy areas.

He has also had his attention on the academic study of the Bible. He earned a second doctorate in Biblical Prophecy from Louisiana Baptist University after receiving a master’s degree in Jewish Studies from the Internet Bible Institute under the tutelage of Dr. Robert Congdon.

Randy has recently retired from his pharmaceutical career and is spending even more time on his writing efforts. He has written several books that span dystopian, end-time prophecy, science fiction, and uniquely told Bible stories. All of his books, while fun to read, are futuristic, filled with science to give them an authentic feel, have a science fiction feel to them, and allow one to learn some aspect of Biblical truth one may not have thought about before. This is all done in a fast-paced action format that is both entertaining and provides a fun read to his readers.

Randy’s latest books are in the Christian science fiction series, ERABON PROPHECY TRILOGY.

You can visit his website at www.RandyDockens.com or connect with him on TwitterFacebook and Goodreads.

No comments: