Monday, January 11, 2021

Interview with Author Michaela Weaver #interview #blogtour


As a TEDx speaker, author, masters qualified coach, science graduate and professional woman, you would think that with all that I’d know better than to find myself addicted to alcohol and stuck in a ‘wine o’clock, weekend binge’ drinking cycle.

But I have since learned how and why we become addicted to alcohol, and how to change that.

I now help women to learn about alcohol, revolutionize their relationships with alcohol and skip, run and jump into a thriving life without alcohol dragging them down.

You’re not weak, incapable or out of control, but maybe like millions of others you were lured in and fell for a highly addictive and insidious drug.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Website: www.thealcoholcoach.com

Facebook: facebook.com/thealcoholcoach

 

About the Book


Is drinking having a negative effect on your life? You are not alone!

Millions of strong-minded, capable people find themselves falling victim to the biggest con trick of our time – alcohol!

It lures us with false promises of fun and social acceptability. Instead we find ourselves caught in a cycle of drinking, hangovers, morning regret, and guilt.

Despite being successful in other areas of life, it seems difficult to change our drinking habits. In the face of alcohol it’s easy blame ourselves, and believe we are unable to exercise self-control.

In this ground-breaking book, The Alcohol Con is exposed, and unraveled with insight and humour. Drawing on her own experience, and with a background in science and professional coaching, Michaela Weaver paves the way for you to outsmart the alcohol con, break free and move forward to a bright new sober future.

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/3f16YRG




Why did you write your book?

I wrote The Alcohol Con, because as founder of The Alcohol Coach my clients kept asking if I had a book! There are two other reasons why I wrote it apart from being a forum to communicate my process for change to so many more people. I like to write! I have already published two fiction books, and so writing The Alcohol Con was a natural progression. The third reason is that the book is dedicated to my father, and when he was diagnosed with terminal cancer it was a pivotal moment in my life. It changed my direction. I quit my job, decided I wanted to do something more useful with my life, and the rest is history!

What kind of message is your book trying to tell your readers?

The core message in The Alcohol Con is that finding yourself addicted to alcohol is never the fault of the drinker. Alcohol is a highly addictive drug, and one which we have been conditioned by birth to take. It’s no wonder people become addicted. The problem is that people feel ashamed, and believe that they are weak when they can’t break their drinking cycle. The Alcohol Con gives readers back their power and the process to outsmart the con artist, and to break free. I was that wine o’clock ashamed drinker, so I know from first hand experience how the con plays out.

Who influenced you to write your book?

My dad, and the book is dedicated to him. He grew up in the generation where smoking was the norm and nicotine was a drug that you had to justify not taking. He battles lung cancer with a strength and determination that is powerful and inspiring. Alcohol is now the drug that society normalizes.

Have you suffered from writer’s block and what do you do to get back on track?

I think everyone has suffered from writer’s block, but for me writing nonfiction is easier to unblock than fiction.

What would you do with an extra hour today if you could do anything you wanted?

With an extra hour of daylight I would be out walking with my family or flying down a country lane on my motorbike! If the extra hour was dark then I’d probably have my head in a psychology or science book!

If we were to meet for lunch to talk books, where would we go?

We’d go somewhere with a great view, preferably out to sea. I’m a big picture, big vision kind of person, so the inspiration of the sea is fabulous. We’d eat tapas because there is interest and variety, and plenty of choice, and like the moments in life, every bite counts!

What do you like to do for fun?

I do a lot more for fun since I quit drinking. The money that I saved in the first year of not buying alcohol was enough for me to do my motorcycle license and buy a 1000cc motorbike. I am in a women’s motorbike club and have met the most amazing and inspirational women. We ride, we explore, and we live and laugh, even when times are challenging. I also like to sing and play my guitar, walk, and practice yoga. I still go our and socialize, and now I remember every moment and never get a hangover.

What kind of advice would you give other non-fiction authors?

There are so many different kind of non-fiction. I guess I would offer two pieces of advice. The first is to give your work a clear purpose, and to begin with the end in mind. Stephen Covey said that is a habit of highly effective people, and it makes good sense. 


The second piece of advice that I would give is to get your facts right, and the third is to add some unique value to what is already in existence. Find your own voice!

 

 

 

 


No comments: