Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Character Guest Post: Shanna Johnson of Virginia Barlow's A FALLACIOUS SEDUCTION #characterday

 


 



Today is character guest post day! We have Shana Johnson from Virginia Barlow's new historical western romance novel, A FALLACIOUS SEDUCTION. Enjoy!

Hello, my name is Shanna Johnston. I live in Rock Creek, Wyoming with Uncle Joseph and Aunt Sara. I want to live in Omaha, Nebraska with Mama but she won’t let me. Something terrible happened and she is worried someone will recognize me. I don’t remember, but Mama does.

Rock Creek isn’t so bad most of the time. If you don’t count Daniel Anderson and Delphine Otis. I work at Tanner’s Mercantile with my best friend Rose Tanner to work off Uncle Joseph’s bill there.

My life was boring, until my last trip to Omaha. I was on my way back when the train exploded. I woke up with U. S. Marshal Reese Calhan’s gun in my face. The man is handsome as all get out and boy, can he kiss! He makes me feel all tingly and I want more.

The problem is, he has me confused with a woman named Jenna. He wants to arrest me for something she did. When I explained he had the wrong girl, he laughed. The scary part is, he knows things about me no one else does.

He has me so confused. Every time I decide I hate him; he does something nice. How can a fellow threaten to arrest you one minute and kiss you senseless the next?

I’m not sure how all of this is going to turn out. I’ve got to figure out why Mama is so frightened and keep Reese Calhan from getting under my skin at the same time. Come join me in A Fallacious Seduction and see how it works out. 






Title: A FALLACIOUS SEDUCTION
Author: Virginia Barlow
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Pages: 282
Genre: Historical Western Romance

When the train US Marshal Reese Calhan is riding on explodes, he is one of two survivors. Trouble is, the other survivor is the woman who betrayed him years ago. A woman he thought was dead. This time he will not fall prey to her wiles. He’ll see the vixen jailed for her crimes if it kills him.

Recovering from a recent jilting and now a train explosion, Shanna Johnston has no idea why the handsome stranger insists he knows her and calls her by another woman’s name. His heated looks and knowing kisses spark a fire in her she cannot ignore–even as her own mysterious past is closing in.

“A Fallacious Seduction is a fantastic historical western romance I couldn’t put down…Virginia Barlow writes with honesty and shares what life was life for many women on the frontier. The descriptive narration paints a raw picture of the wild west which swept me away. The plot moves at a good pace with plenty of conflicts, misunderstandings and colorful characters. There’s a lot going on in this story but at the heart of it is Shanna and Reese. The romance between these two is classic enemies-to-lovers but with a fun western twist. I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the ending. If you’re looking for a feisty heroine in the wild west frontier, pick up A Fallacious Seduction. Fans of Cynthia Wright will love this tale. Highly recommend! “-N.N. Light’s Book Heaven

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/37enrOC

Barnes & Noble → https://bit.ly/2HEjNoF

Walmart → https://bit.ly/3fAhiAh





Virginia Barlow has a zest for life. She has accomplished many goals including raising a large family. She has been a bookkeeper, a hostess, an EMT-I, a lieutenant in the local fire department, a manager and an author. She likes to knit, crochet, quilt and sew. She is funny, talented and very creative. Virginia looks at life through rose colored glasses and owns it. She is happiest when is at her computer immersed in her current novel. She loves to sip coffee or wine while she contemplates whether to kill off characters in her book or not. Virginia is a good friend and has an endless supply of love for friends and family.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Website: https://www.virginia-barlow.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Virgini3514212

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3046288755596817

No comments: