Thursday, October 15, 2020

My Lions' Den by E.M. Power l Book Tour l Interview l #blogtour


E. M. (Eva Marie) Power, was born and lived for the first nine-years of her life on the
Island of Guam.  She was adopted at birth and raised by a single Guamanian woman, Alfonsina Manyanona Duenas from the Southern Village of Talofofo, Guam.  E. M. (Eva Marie) Power moved stateside to Southern California at the age of nine and it is where she currently resides.  She is the mother of six children and the grandmother of four.  Just like she describes in this book, if ever in a Lions’ Den (life trial) she will always choose Faith! 

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/evalitamarie

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/authorempower/?hl=en



About the Book


This is my personal story of my trial with Domestic Abuse.  This book was not intended to sensationalize Domestic Abuse.  It is not to portray my abuser in a bad light or as an enemy.  Abuse has no prejudices.  Abuse may occur no matter a person’s religion, non-religion, race, economic income level, profession, culture, gender, or age.  Abuse may happen at any time and to anyone.  Yes, that means you too.  If you think you would never be the victim of abuse, you risk being gravely mistaken (pun intended).  Domestic Abuse may take place within any relationship type.  There is no formula, medicine, vaccine, proven theory, amount of therapy, answer or cure.  The abuser is not always someone that had ever been a victim themselves.  The abuser is not always someone that has witnessed violence or abuse.  By sharing my personal story, I hope to give you a better understanding of abuse in order to prevent this life trial to be your story too.

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/31OZXhA



Can you tell us what your book is about?

My book is an autobiographical book about my nine year trial with Domestic Violence.

Why did you write your book?

I wrote this book to give a perspective from a victim that is a believer.  I wanted to share my experiences in hopes it will give insight of the life of a victim as well as how faith was instrumental in living through this and surviving.  It is also my way of speaking up and honoring those who have lost their lives from domestic violence.

What kind of message is your book trying to tell your readers?

My book makes the suggestion that anyone can be a victim of domestic abuse.  It references my faith as my place of courage, strength, comfort and deliverance.

 


Who influenced you to write your book?

God had placed the writing of this book in my heart a few years ago.  I acknowledge God as my co-author.  I felt a sense of release from writing this book once I sent it to the editor after completion.

Is it hard to publish a nonfiction book?

I found it surprisingly easy to self publish.

Which author(s) do you admire?

The authors I admire are Tyler Perry, Nicholas Sparks and Terry McMillan.

 


Have you suffered from writer’s block and what do you do to get back on track?

I have not suffered from writer’s block, fortunately. 

What would you do with an extra hour today if you could do anything you wanted?

I would spend it in gratitude, prayer, worship and with God!

Which holiday is your favorite and why?


 

My favorite holiday is New Years!  I enjoy the fireworks and how we celebrate as a nation in all the time zones.  I enjoy the possibilities and optimism a New Year brings.  This is a celebration that isn’t associated with race, religion, or politics and affects the entire world.

If we were to meet for lunch to talk books, where would we go? 

I would insist you decide on venue because I enjoy all foods and am not allergic to anything.  I am always considerate of others and simply appreciative of one’s time and company!   

What do you like to do for fun?

I enjoy family and friend gathering most!  I enjoy music preferably live bands.  I enjoy the beach, amusement parks and dining out.  Lastly, a good read is always fun, of course!

 


Can you tell us about your family?

I was adopted at birth and raised by a single mom that never married or had children of her own.  My mom was the oldest of seven, so I had a lot of first cousins.  I consider my cousins siblings.  I have lived with most of them at some point growing up.  My adoptive family ROCKS!

What do you like the most about being an author?

I like the creativity aspect.  The best way to describe it is I get to experience a day in the life of God by way of a laptop.  By that I mean, I can give life, take life, and all that happens in between!

What kind of advice would you give other non-fiction authors?

My advice is to not give it much thought and just begin to write.  A nonfiction book has already been written just not on word doc format. 


 


No comments: