Thursday, October 8, 2020

Character Guest Post: Rosella, Sea Sprite of Avalon, of Joni Parker's CALL FROM HOME #characterday

 



Today is character guest post day! We have Rosella, Sea Sprite of Avalon, from Joni Parker's CALL FROM HOME. Enjoy!

I saw them all leave the Earth, you know. The Elves and the Dwarves. They left because the mortals no longer wanted them here. So the Mentors found them a new place called Eledon. The Elves asked us, the Sea Sprites, to leave with them, but I wanted to stay, along with a few of my friends.

I loved it here. I could swim with all the sea creatures and I could help the mortal beings, guiding them through the vast oceans. Some mortals thought we were gods and called us mermaids. But others tried to kill us because they thought we were killing their fish. Well, we did eat some but not that much. Many of my friends were killed in the process, but I found a mortal friend who protected me, until he died, too.

Sometime later, Prince Sidin of the Water Elves returned and asked us to join him in Eledon. Our last chance, he said. But I still didn’t want to go. I’d fallen in love again and I just couldn’t leave. Not then. Until he died.

One day, a group of Blue People brought a young woman before me. She was a Water Elf and her name was Alex. She promised to tell King Sidin about me and help me get to Eledon. But I wasn’t ready to leave. I’d fallen in love again.

His name was Arthur. I met him when he was searching for the Lady of the Lake but he found me instead. I showed him to the lake where she lived, not far away. Arthur came back to see me several times and I fell in love. Until he died.

Recently, Alex the Elf found me again. By then, I’d migrated to London where I could be around people. I loved seeing the children in the park. Alex said she’d told King Sidin about me and that there was an entry point nearby on land. Foolishly, I told her the only way I could leave was through an entry point at sea. That was a stupid lie—I didn’t want to leave yet. But she said she’d look for another one, at sea.

A few days later, I heard the deep vibrations of a whale’s song, telling me about an entry point at sea located far to the south. For three days, I swam with the whale pod to a waterspout that led me to the entry point to Eledon. Alex did it! It was a dizzying trip but when I got there, I called for my family. They came and we had a wonderful reunion.

The next day, I met with Sprite Regent Nekton to explain my situation. He was upset with me for staying so long in the mortal world but he welcomed me anyway. He told me to go to the Water Elf Kingdom to thank King Sidin, but I found Alex instead. She was very upset over some mortals who were coming to Eledon to steal gold and asked for my help. How could I refuse? I spoke to Regent Nekton and he sent his Vanguard. It was a good thing he did. Those were dangerous men.

One day, I will get in to see King Sidin and thank him for his Call From Home.







If home is where the heart is, the warrior Lady Alexin is very far from home, indeed. Banished from her home in the Elven realm of Eledon to the mortal world of near future London, and robbed of her magic, she has no choice but to try and find a place in a world where she doesn’t fit in. Yet for all their peculiarities, the mortals have not been unkind; she has a new career as a high fashion runway model, her very own flat in a posh section of town and a host of opportunities to socialize with a variety of admirers, including a handsome Detective Inspector from Scotland Yard.

Yet nothing but her former training as a tracker and assassin could have prepared her for the discovery that beautiful young Elven women are being kidnapped and trafficked as slaves into the mortal world by the notorious Rock Elves, working with the white supremacist 23rd Infantry–an unholy alliance led by Alex’s old nemesis, Sawgrass. As the truth unravels her mission is clear–a call from home she cannot allow to go unanswered, even if it means her life.

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/3bPgW6P





Writing fantasy novels is what Joni Parker loves to do. She’s just completed her third series, “The Admiralty Archives,” a trilogy. Her first series, “The Seaward Isle Saga,” includes three books and a short story, while her second, “The Chronicles of Eledon,” has four books. An award-winning novelist, she’s also branched off into short stories, joining local authors in an anthology called, “Beyond Tucson: Adventures in the Multiverse.” Her writing career began after 22 years in the U.S. Navy and another 7 years in federal civil service. She currently resides in Tucson, Arizona with her sister.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Website: http://www.joni-parker.com

Blog: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7191836.Joni_Parker/blog

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParkerJoni

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJoniParker


No comments: