Thursday, May 17, 2018

Interview with Dennis Quiles, author of Ordainment Betrayal






Title: Ordainment Betrayal
Author: Dennis Quiles
Publisher: iUniverse
Genre: Thriller/Suspense
Format: Ebook


Jack Steele is an ex–naval intelligence officer turned private investigator who has just proposed to his girlfriend, Martha, over dinner when he sees a bloodied and frightened boy running toward him outside the restaurant. After Martha steps in to protect the boy from the two men in hot pursuit, a gun battle ensues, leaving Jack’s beloved fiancĂŠe dead on the sidewalk. While Jack grapples with the ramifications of her tragic death, he is unwittingly pulled into the dark world of human trafficking at the hands of an Albanian mob doing business near Lake Michigan. Desperate for answers, Jack partners with a Chicago police detective to learn about the organized crime culture and develop a plan to stop the trafficking operation and free their victims before they are sold on the black market. As Jack puts his own life on the line, he must battle the powerful Catholic Church and stop the cunning exploits of a deranged pedophile priest who believes he is doing God’s work by turning children into little angels. But will Jack manage to accomplish his heroic mission before it is too late for more innocent victims? Ordainment Betrayal shares the thrilling tale of a former intelligence agent’s dangerous quest to stop an Albanian human trafficking operation in collusion with the Roman Catholic Church..


PURCHASE HERE



How did you come up with the idea?
I attended a seminar at the Chicago State University and learned about human trafficking and how this epidemic is corrupting our society.  The lack of knowledge and danger to victims inspire me to write something about this abusive behavior and to skillfully place my thoughts in writing in an entertaining and exciting read.F

What kind of research did you do before and during the writing of your book?
I researched everything. Even when I know the subject I want to make sure that I am providing the reader with a good credible fiction.  So I google everything, talk to people, etc. In this particular book, I spoke to the FBI, the human trafficking victims attorneys in Chicago, Chicago municipality social workers who handle HT-Victims, agencies that help victims, and the community.  I had to research a lot to make sure that I could produce a very credible story.

Can you give us a short excerpt?
The splash of freezing water stirred me from oblivion. One moment
I was unconscious, and the next moment I was back in the world,
with all its pain, agony, and despair. I heard screams coming from
somewhere. I opened my eyes and strained to see where I was. The
last thing I remembered was the gunfight in the Drake Hotel, the
bullets flying, and the deafening reports of automatic gunfire. And
then I remembered the explosion.
I gritted my teeth. I forced myself to be strong. I realized that I
was hanging like a piece of frozen meat. My situation was precarious.
I tried to break free, but both my hands were bound above my head.
I was naked and barely standing on a cold, wet stone floor.
A man standing next to me held a red plastic bucket. On the
floor, several pieces of ice floated away on the water toward a nearby
water drain. I quickly assessed the situation. A thousand thoughts
ran through my well-trained mind, calculating every possibility I
could imagine. Many questions remained unanswered, chief among
them how I had gotten here and, moreover, how I could get out of
this situation. Unfortunately, following every possible solution I could
come up with at this time to its conclusion confirmed that, at this very
moment, I was doomed, alone, and helpless.

In your own experience, is it hard to get a fiction book published today? How did you do it?
Not at all. With the many non-traditional self-publishing companies out there is quick easy to publish a book. Nevertheless, no self-publishing agency will give you the time of day unless they know that you have a good product and that you can write.  Is very easy to seek one self-publishing agency select the best service package that fit your need and submit your work. The self-publishing agency takes it from there and guides you along the way to publish your book.



Dennis Quiles earned a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and a master’s degree in business administration. A US military veteran and an accomplished professional of the protection business, he is the director of global security for one of the world’s largest multinational corporations. Quiles and his wife have three children and currently live in Illinois. This is his third book.


No comments: