Monday, November 7, 2016

Interview with Dorothy Rice, author of I Asked My Father

721462_tour-banner_l1

 

Inside the Book:

i-asked-my-father
Title: I Asked My Father 
Author: Dorothy Rice, R.N. 
Publisher: iUniverse 
Genre: Religion
  Format: Ebook

This is a small book of poetry. It was written while the author was close to death from Lupus. Why, then, does pain inspire, and inspiration produce fruits to uplift and comfort. God only knows. But there is knowing here and insights only the heart knows through suffering. If you are suffering, or know someone who is, you may find these poems a salve and solution to why good people have to suffer. For, as the author once said, "The question is not why bad things happen to good people, but why good things happen to bad people; namely, why did Jesus came for me?"

The Interview:

Can you tell me what your latest book is about? 
It is about my love of God and people even when I thought I was dying of Lupus.

How did you come up with the idea?
I don't know, really. The poems emerged during my illness with lupus. My husband edited them and they were printed on 8x11 pages. He had them put in book form.

What kind of research did you do before and during the writing of your book?
There was no research to do. God researched my faith and heart as he did Job.

In your own experience is it hard to get a non-fiction book published? How did you do it?
My husband did it through a self-publishing company. I was against it at first. 

Meet the Author:
Dr. Charles Rice is the husband of Dorothy Rice, R.N. He is a clinical psychologist and Dorothy still helps him in helping couples and families. She is the author of this, small, book of poetry which she wrote when very ill with Lupus before God healed her. Dorothy and I have two grown daughters and one grandson all living near us in Boise, Idaho.  


No comments: