Sunday, December 7, 2014

Interview with Eve Picquette, author of Open Your Heart for Happy Relationships



Eve Picquette has been looking for love, joy and fun all her life. Along the way she has had lots of experiences - some with more fun than others! A licensed attorney, she served as director of risk and quality management at hospital corporations in California and Arizona for thirty years. She is also a certified NLP life coach, matrix, EFT and Angel Therapy practitioner. Eve Picquette received her MSN in community mental health at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, and her Juris Doctor from the University of California, Davis.

Author of Open Your Heart for Happy Relationships: 10 Shift Keys -What Your Angels Have Been Trying to Tell You for Centuries and companion Mini Meditation MP3's, she lives in Arizona, and her present happy work is teaching and advising clients regarding having more love and joy in personal and business relationships.
For More Information

Can you tell us what your book is about?

Open Your Heart for Happy Relationships – 10 Shift Keys - What Your Angels Have Been Trying to Tell You for Centuries - is a beautifully illustrated gift book with an angel theme.

I believe that angels have inspired the ideas that work for us, down through the ages.  The book contains some of those ideas that work.  I wanted to live the Prayer of St. Francis – “…let me sow love… where there is darkness, light….” I wanted to feel happy and have happy relationships – but I was not.  As an attorney, I always feel like there is an answer, so I asked for help.  These are the 10 practical Shift Keys that opened my heart and made a real difference in my life and relationships.

Why did you write your book?

It started out as some quick ideas on various relationship topics that I wanted to give away on my website.  Then I started to enjoy designing around the angel theme and had the angel portraits painted.   Once the angel portraits were done - it just developed from there!

What kind of message is your book trying to tell your readers?

Love is the answer, but don’t mix it up with being an unselfish martyr  - and -
There are simple tools that miraculously fix some of the automatic things we do (learned in childhood) that keep us unhappy and our relationships unfulfilling!

Who influenced you to write your book?

So many books have helped and inspired me.  Primarily I published the book  because I always like to share when I have learned something that works – I hoped someone would find it helpful and that it would make someone’s life a bit happier.

Is it hard to publish a nonfiction book?

Not today – you can publish anything yourself, whether it has any merit or not, (sounds of laughter!).

Which author(s) do you admire?

I love Mary Jo Putney for fiction and David Hawkins and Ryan Holiday for non-fiction content.  I am practical, so I look at content more than writing style or beauty in non-ficiton.

Have you suffered from writer’s block and what do you do to get back on track?

Not really – I don’t usually write unless I really have some ideas jumping up and down to get on the page.

What would you do with an extra hour today if you could do anything you wanted?

Add it to some other hours I am saving and go on vacation to Europe!

Which holiday is your favorite and why?

Christmas – I love the lights, music and beauty and my heart wants to believe in “Peace, good will to all men”.

If we were to meet for lunch to talk books, where would we go?

Let’s meet for tea at the Dorchester or Claridges in London – you pick.

What do you like to do for fun?

I love to read history and historic romance fiction, walk in nature, and travel.

Can you tell us about your family?

I have one beautiful daughter, who is an inspiration and lots of fun, at the same time.

What do you like the most about being an author?

I am a semi retired writer.  Not being at my hospital director job at 8am every day is lovely!

What kind of advice would you give other non-fiction authors?

Never, never, never give up.  Winston Churchill

Thanks so much for the interview! Eve Picquette






No comments: